Seaford Bowling Club
Founded 1912

Affiliated to  BOWLS ENGLAND  & SUSSEX COUNTY BOWLS (MEN'S & LADIES SECTIONS)   

 

A POTTED HISTORY

Our Club goes back a hundred years and in that period many changes have taken place. Before 1912 our green was a cow field with a pond in the middle! The club founders were looking for a bowling area and approached the owner (a Mr Moore) who later joined the club. He agreed to let it and drained and filled in the pond. Some of us think the pond is still there when it rains!

Since then the club has been through many ups and downs (threatened with closure more than once) and was finally set up by a Mr Bravery in the 1940's - a Cumberland turf green was laid in 1947 at his expense but he sadly died before he could play on it.

The green was bought from his executors by the Blatchington Bowling Green Co. Ltd (set up by members) and the future of the club was assured.

Our fees and facilities are among the best in the area and we look forward to the next 100 years!

     
 

Home Page    Membership Information   How to find us  Who's Who   Events Diary  Fixture List   Competition Winners   Useful Links    History

To contact us Telephone  01-323-892831 (Clubhouse)  or Email us
Seaford Bowling Club, Chichester Road, Seaford, East Sussex, BN25 2DT